Music of the Convocation is available from
IPJC at 206.223.1138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Johnson, CSJ
Bernice Johnson Reagon
April 22-23, 2005
CDs, Videos and Cassettes of select speakers are available at IPJC: 206.223.1138
The Uprising of Hope that we experienced at the Northwest Catholic Womens Convocation in April continues to bless us. We invited you to return to your families, communities and churches to be an Uprising of Hope. And you are!
- In Seattle! Pentecost banners and buttons at St. Joseph Church read WWJD: Give women a voice!
- In Portland! Women gathered to share bread from a bakery called Uprising and the spring ritual calling women to bloom where you are planted, bring an uprising of hope where you are and pollinate the uprising dreams of others.
- In Richland! Seven women form a faith sharing group on a journey to justice.
- In The Dalles! Women are planning how they can continue the Uprising of Hope.
- In Seattle! St. Annes womens group is gathering to pray for the Church and using the parish bulletin to provide tips on conserving water.
Mission: The Northwest Catholic Women's Convocation gathers women to celebrate the many ways God lives and moves in our lives. As faith-filled women, we join together for:
- prayer, ritual and story
- education and empowerment
- celebration and transformation
Affirmed in our spirituality, we act for justice in our church and Earth community.
Annotated bibliography of the speakers for the
Northwest Catholic Women's Convocation III